Signs have been making businesses stand out from the rest since commerce itself was just a wee nipper. Nowadays, with 99% of signage being designed on a computer and made with vinyl, you can make your business stand out with the human touch, via a Signwriter who is geekishly passionate about letterforms and layout, with just his hands, some brushes and a bit of paint.

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Pepenero's, Bristol





















So the other week when they were doing this place up before it opened last Saturday - I was sat on my arse by myself, painting all these Italian words on the counter, listening to Hank Williams and getting high on One Shot paint fumes. At about midday, I needed to stretch my limbs (and inhale some oxygen) so got up and all I could see from the counter through the window on to the street was police crime scene tape surrounding the building, where a man had apparently had his throat slashed only twenty minutes earlier, which was nice.  I'd be a shit witness.
This place does great calzones, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment